That is, “when you hear these words, you know it’s safe to stop
taking someone seriously”. In no particular order:
- Male Gaze
- (qualifier) Justice
- Gender Binary
- Cultural Appropriation
- Rape Culture
- (whatever) Is A Social Construct
- (made-up personal pronoun)
- (whatever) Denier
- Disparate Impact
- Structural (whatever)
- Gender Identity
What did I leave out?
(note that it is possible to use some of these words and phrases
in a way that is not meaningless blather, but that’s not the way
- Fair Trade
- (insert latest virtue-signaling buzzword here)
- No True Scotsman (fallacy most often committed by people who are accusing others of committing it…)
- (whatever) Traitor
- Toxic (whatever)
- Voting Against Their Interests (which always means “voting against my interests”)
- The Right/Wrong Side Of History
How could I have forgotten?!?
…and from the reliably-fucked-up virtue-signalers at boingboing
(linking to an article on an “SF” site that must come with a built-in
fainting couch; seriously, the brief excerpt starts with this
hilariously nonsensical statement: “the heterosexism goggles, which
derange content via chauvinist interpretive paradigms”)
Comments via Isso
and simple HTML accepted.
Sometimes you have to double-click to enter text in
the form (interaction between Isso and Bootstrap?). Tab is more reliable.