Mt. Fuji from Misaki Port, Miura Peninsula, Kanagawa, Japan
Indirectly, this picture comes from my sister:
user とも21, who has a site devoted to
pictures of Fuji)
How I found it:
- Nellie called me a while back to get reacquainted.
- I flew out to Chicago to spend some time with her.
- She took me to a used book store.
- In the basement, I found a Japanese paperback book with an interesting title, も一つパイプのけむり (Another 'Pipe Smoke').
- It was written by famous composer Ikuma Dan, and contained a number of short essays.
- Many of them looked too challenging to take to my reading class, but since I missed class this week, I'm emailing the teacher a written translation.
- The fourth essay is titled 霧 (Fog). He writes about moving to a new house on the Miura Peninsula, along the Misaki Highway, and mentions that one of the things he can see is Mt. Fuji.
- I looked the area up in Google Earth and clicked on some pictures. This was the fourth picture I clicked.