- Oral final exam for Japanese 1. Get fitted for a tux.
- Fly to Las Vegas, to...
- Walk my sister down the aisle for her wedding.
- Turn 39, then fly home for...
- Written final for Japanese 1.
- Buy my first suit.
- Last class for Japanese 1, deliver small gifts to the teacher and her two assistants. While this could be interpreted as oseibo, in truth two of the gifts were an excuse for the third. I'm quite taken with the youngest one.
- Three-hour flight to Minneapolis, three-hour layover, two more hours to Dayton, Ohio, in order to be...
- Best man at my brother's wedding.
- Flying home to sleep it off.
I’m a bit fuzzy on just how many brothers and sisters I’ve acquired in
the past week, a lively mix of Canadians and Ukrainians.
PS: my mother did not in fact die from the shock of seeing me dress
formally twice in the same century.