Monday, April 27 2009
Things that suck
- 10% packet loss on my DSL line.
- Three hours diagnosing the problem so that I could convince tech support it wasn’t my equipment. And, yes, I even had a spare DSL modem lying around.
- At least four hours spent on the phone with support at various levels, mostly spent listening to Muzak and repeating parts of item #2.
- Being told that it will be 11 days before someone can physically come out and check the lines, since resetting the DSLAM didn’t fix it.
- Discovering that every other service provider in the area (cable, wireless, etc) has at least a 5-day lead time, and juicy up-front costs for the required gear.
All original content
© 1985-2010 J Greely